Structure and content
This degree is in the "business suite" of programmes at ARU London which all have a common first year:
- This allows you to gain a broad understanding of the key areas of business.
- We know it can be difficult to decide the exact direction you wish your studies to take. Our structure allows you to transfer to one of our "business suite" degree courses, should you wish to.
- You are not committed in your area of specialisation; you can do so after your first year at ARU London.
See below for the modules you will study:
- Business Environment
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Economics for Business
- Business Finance
- Operational and Project Management
- Business Strategy
- Managing International Business
- Undergraduate Major Project (Integrated Case Study)
For a more detailed overview of the course modules you can view the Course Information Sheet here.
ARU London's standard offer is 96 UCAS tariff points from 3 A Levels, e.g. BCC.
Alternatively, ARU London asks for:
- Irish Leaving Certificate: BBCCC.
- Scottish Highers: BBCCC.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM in a business-related subject.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points.
All applicants are required to have at least 3 GCSEs at grade C, or grade 4, or above, including English and Maths.
If English is not your first language you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.0 (Academic level) or equivalent English Language qualification, as recognised by Anglia Ruskin University.
Applicants studying for other qualifications should contact ARU London to discuss their circumstances.
We also welcome applications from mature individuals who can demonstrate appropriate, relevant work experience.
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on our assessment of your overall suitability for the course. We treat everyone as an individual which means we will look at your whole application including any relevant work experience and personal circumstances as well as your educational qualifications. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Teaching and assessment
We’ll assess your progress through a variety of methods from coursework, group assignments, activity-based assignments and exams. You can expect to part take in on-going problem-solving activities, projects and presentations. You’ll also be able to access support material through our ARU Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
All assignments are designed with your career progression in mind and give you opportunities to develop and improve transferable skills employers look for.
In today’s tough jobs market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to successfully secure that all important first full-time job after university. We believe your degree from ARU London will enhance your employability. On successful completion of this course, you might choose to move onto our postgraduate studies, such as our MBA – International or our MSc – International Project Management.
We encourage all students to consider their future when choosing what degree to study. We don't expect everyone to know what they want to do after university, but it is important that the associated jobs interest you.
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Risk Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Human Resource Officer