While studying at university this autumn may be a little different, we want to reassure you that you'll get the best experience possible - with the supportive, inclusive learning environment you'd expect, and plenty of opportunities to have fun and relax. Our information for new students and returning students has full details of arrangements for September 2020.
Creating a COVID-19 secure environment
In line with Government, Public Health England and Universities UK guidelines, we're putting social distancing measures in place and are doing everything practical to manage the risk of transmission.
- introducing one-way systems in campus buildings wherever possible and making use of all of the entrances and exits of our buildings
- increasing cleaning regimes, with cleaning at the end of each day and when class bubbles change
- providing hand sanitizer stations around campus for your use
- restructuring the timetable to stagger break times, and prevent crowds from forming outside teaching spaces
- changing the layout of classrooms and other specialist learning spaces
- all staff and student temperatures will be checked upon entering ARUL buildings - should anyone's temperature be found to be too high, they will be sent home
- you will need to wear a mask whilst moving around the building
- be prepared to use the stairs as lifts will be reserved for those with mobility challenges
- we will expect students to bring their own lunch which will be eaten in the classroom within their bubble to restrict movement
Further details of the changes made to manage the risk of COVID-19 at our buildings can be found by reading the ARUL Risk Assessment
Choice and flexibility
We understand that everyone’s circumstances are different due to the pandemic.
If you are unable to or do not wish to start on campus in September, you can choose to start your studies online for the first trimester (September-December).
Alternatively, you can decide to study with a blended delivery - with one day a week on campus and the other day studying live, face-to-face virtually via Zoom.
- Student selected to study in a blended format will spend half of their time on Campus and the other studying from home
- Whilst on Campus you will be placed in a Study Bubble; if one member of the Bubble needs to isolate we will ask the entire Bubble to isolate.
- Your Study Bubble will remain in a single room all day, this means you can remove your mask if your lecturer agrees.
For new students, please specify your choice of delivery pattern within Step 1 of your Registration. For Returning students, you will be prompted with the delivery pattern page when you login to VLE - please specify your choice here.
This decision can be changed at any time prior to, or during the Trimester should your preferences change.
All students will be required to read and confirm understanding of our Safe Building Usage Policy
Supporting your studies
We know how important it is that you receive excellent support. You'll be able to access:
What is Online Learning at ARU London?
See below for a short collection of videos to help you find out what Online Learning is like at ARU London.
Online Learning at ARU London
A short video on how to access your online learning resources at ARU London:
Online Teaching at ARU London
Online teaching at ARU London comes in various methods, all tailored to the course content you will be studying. This video contains real examples of - Screenshare Lectures, Online Presentation Lectures and Live Webinars:
Online Teaching at ARU London - A tutorial with Jozefa Fawcett
Lecturer Jozefa Fawcett explains what online teaching at ARU London is really like:
VLE (Virtual Learning Environment)
A short video explaining what the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) is and its features:
e:Vision at ARU London
A short video explaining what e:Vision is and its features:
Introduction to the Online Learning Platform at ARU London
A short video to show you how to navigate your way around our Online Learning platform:
Introduction to Zoom at ARU London
As part of Online Learning we regularly use Zoom to facilitate lectures, meetings and talks. This short video will show you everything you need to know about using Zoom at ARU London:
Digital Library at ARU London
A short video on how to access your Digital Library. Our Digital Library gives you access off-campus to various academic resources:
Recommended apps for studying at ARU London
A short video on the best apps to download to support your studies at ARU London: