May Update (Updated 21/04/22)
An update from ARU London Principal, David Sexton:
Remarkably we find ourselves at the end of trimester two, so I thought a short update would be useful to keep you up to date with some recent developments and upcoming changes.
Trimester 2 Assessments
If you studied modules this trimester or have resits from previous trimesters, can I stress the importance of completing your assessments please. This is an opportunity for you to show us your knowledge and newly acquired skills, so please put every effort into your assessments. If for some reason you are struggling to submit, then please tell us by contacting the Director of Studies Office at DOS@london.aru.ac.uk or via the Zoom drop-in. There may be the opportunity for additional support or to apply for Extenuating Circumstances, but you do need to tell us what is happening. Remember, failure to submit assessments may result in your studies with us being ended, so please talk to us for help and support.
We are excited to welcome all students back to campus from trimester three onwards, and just a reminder that we have moved back to the Travel Bursary from the May 2022 trimester, with only physical attendance counting towards the criteria for payment. The benefits of physical attendance are clear, including the building of communities, utilising our excellent facilities, improved educational outcomes, and a far more enjoyable learning experience.
I have received several requests to retain the synchronous delivery introduced to enable us to continue your education through Covid. Synchronous delivery has resulted in many students studying remotely (essentially as distance learners) which unfortunately is not possible in the future for three reasons:
- Student educational achievement and progression dropped during synchronous delivery.
- ARU London is not approved to deliver distance learning courses (outside of the specific measures allowed during the pandemic).
- We have our first Founders Festival on May 5th in East India, where we are joining with the social entrepreneurs 12Ronnies to champion new business creations.
- Please note the adjusted start date (Thursday 5th May) for trimester three teaching to address the challenges of the bank holidays in place for this trimester.
- I will be hosting two Town Hall Events with the Student Union at 1 pm on May 4th and 6th. To join, simply use the Town Hall tile on the VLE.
- The situation in Ukraine remains a constant concern, adding unimaginable pressure to many of our staff and students with families in the area. Can I ask everyone to be especially understanding of individuals directly impacted by the conflict, pointing fellow students towards the Wellbeing Team for support.
This academic year has once again proved challenging in so many ways, so many thanks for the focus on your studies over the year and good luck with your assessments!
I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming Town Hall Event, or back on campus as the new trimester begins
May 2022 Welcome Pack
For more information, you can read your Welcome Pack. Depending on what degree you are studying and which campus you are studying at (undergraduate or postgraduate) please click on the relevant Welcome Pack below to open. There is lots of useful information in the Welcome Pack so take your time to read it thoroughly: