Welcome to London
Studying at one of our sites in the capital allows you to immerse yourself into the busy and diverse life London has to offer. London is rightly said to be the most diverse city in the world with its endless variety of art, fashion, culture, sports, restaurants and nightlife.
ARU London operates out of two buildings in London. Our Farringdon building (19 Charterhouse Street, EC1N 6RA) is situated within the heart of London and within the City of London itself. Our second building, which opened its doors in September 2019, is in East India (Import & Export buildings, E14 2BE) in the Docklands area, East London.
London is a city steeped in history where you will struggle to find a dull moment away from your studies. With a total student population of over 400,000, London offers an unrivalled multicultural experience and is one of the most popular student destinations in the world.
Farringdon - 19 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1N 6RA
East India – Import and Export Buildings, 2 Clove Crescent, Poplar, London, E14 2BE
Our Farringdon building is right in the heart of central London. The campus is within a minutes’ walk of the city and the square mile (London’s business and financial district).
Spread over a total area of 65,000 sq. ft the building contains:
- Five floors of state-of-the-art lecture theatres, seminar rooms, PC-equipped study areas and space for you to work, relax and socialise
- We have over 30 seminar rooms and theatres ranging in size from those that can accommodate up to 200 students in a theatre-style seating arrangement to others that are perfect for highly interactive seminars
- Multiple computer labs
- A library housing copies of all the core textbooks, a range of relevant publications and online archives for each course. There are also dedicated areas suitable for study groups, quiet study or simply catching up on your emails
- If you need to refuel there is a wide range of supermarkets and food markets within minutes of the building. We have dedicated areas for our students to eat and drink between classes
- Two student common rooms, one equipped with computers and printing for those who want to continue their studies on the building, and the other furnished with sofas and chairs for a more relaxed environment
- Wifi is available throughout the building
East India - Import and Export Building
Opened in September 2019, our East India site has been a part of a multi-million-pound refurbishment, and is formed in a 650,000 sq. ft newly transformed contemporary site in East London.
The site boasts a range of carefully curated amenities and superb transport links. Our facilities at this site are spread over a total area of 86,000 sq. ft. It has state-of-the-art design and all the latest high-tech equipment for our students to study and thrive in.
The building contains:
- 47 state-of-the-art lecture theatres and seminar rooms.
- Computer labs with brand new IT equipment.
- Large breakout areas with space for you to work and socialise, furnished with sofas and chairs for a more relaxed environment.
- Multiple study pods, a booth perfect for group work or personal study.
- Library housing copies of all the core textbooks, a range of relevant publications and online archives for each course. There are also dedicated areas with computers suitable for study groups, quiet study or simply catching up on your emails.
- If you need to refuel there is a wide range of supermarkets, cafes and food markets within minutes of the building. We have dedicated areas for our students to eat and drink between classes.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the building.
- PureGym located on the ground floor open 24/7.
The proximity of both Chancery Lane (Central Line) and Farringdon stations (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan Underground Lines + First Capital Connect, Thameslink, and South-eastern rail services) make ARU London very easy to get to from all areas of London and outside the capital.
In 2019, Farringdon will also become one of the central hubs for Crossrail, when the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) at Farringdon station opens it will be one of the busiest in the UK, connecting with Thameslink and the London Underground to provide links with outer London, the home counties, the City, Canary Wharf and three of London’s five airports.
East India Building
East India DLR station is situated onsite, from platform to classroom is only a few minutes walk. From East India DLR you can be at Canning Town in 2 minutes (Jubilee Line), Canary Wharf in 5 minutes (Jubilee Line and Elizabeth Line), Stratford and Bank in 13 minutes (Central Line, Jubilee Line, Northern Line, London Overground, TfL Rail and Greater Anglia rail services). When the Elizabeth Line opens you will be able to travel to our Farringdon building in 26 minutes.
Experience ARU London from the comfort of your home. Our virtual tour is a great way to explore our attractive campus buildings and get a clear picture of the facilities and amenities available to you.