Welcome to London
Studying at one of our sites in the capital allows you to immerse yourself into the busy and diverse life London has to offer. London is rightly said to be the most diverse city in the world with its endless variety of art, fashion, culture, sports, restaurants and nightlife.
ARU London operates out of two buildings in London. One building is in Farringdon (19 Charterhouse Street) within the City of London. Our second building opening in September 2019 is in East India (The Import Building), in the heart of the Docklands, East London.
London is a city steeped in history where you’ll struggle to find a dull moment away from your studies. With a total student population of around 380,000 from over 100 countries, London offers an unrivalled multicultural experience and is one of the most popular student destinations in the world.
Farringdon - 19 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1N 6RA
East India – 3rd Floor, Import Building, 2 Clove Crescent, Poplar, London, E14 2BE
Spread over a total area of 65,000 sq ft the building contains:
- Five floors of state-of-the-art lecture theatres, seminar rooms, PC-equipped study areas and space for you to work, relax and socialise
- We have over 30 seminar rooms and theatres ranging in size from those that can accommodate up to 200 students in a theatre style seating arrangement to others that are perfect for highly interactive seminars
- Multiple computer labs
- A library housing copies of all the core textbooks, a range of relevant publications and online archives for each course. There are also dedicated areas suitable for study groups, quiet study or simply catching up on your emails
- If you need to refuel there is a wide range of supermarkets and food markets within minutes of the building. We have dedicated areas for our students to eat and drink between classes
- Two student common rooms, one equipped with computers and printing for those who want to continue their studies on building. The other furnished with sofas and chairs for a more relaxed environment
- Wifi is available throughout the building
East India Building
Our brand new building in East India will be opening in September 2019, it is part of a 650,000 sq ft newly transformed contemporary site in East London. The building has been a part of a multi-million-pound refurbishment and now has a range of carefully curated amenities and superb transport links. We are situated on the 3rd Floor of the Import Building, we have carefully designed and constructed a brand new contemporary site with state of the art facilities for our students to study and thrive in.
Spread over a total area of 33,000 sq ft the building contains:
- 14 state-of-the-art lecture theatres and seminar rooms.
- 2 computer labs with brand new IT equipment.
- Large breakout area with space for you to work and socialise, furnished with sofas and chairs for a more relaxed environment.
- Multiple study pods, a booth perfect for group work or personal study.
- Library housing copies of all the core textbooks, a range of relevant publications and online archives for each course. There are also dedicated areas with computers suitable for study groups, quiet study or simply catching up on your emails.
- If you need to refuel there is a wide range of supermarkets, cafes and food markets within minutes of the building. We have dedicated areas for our students to eat and drink between classes.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the building.
- PureGym located on the ground floor open 24/7.
The proximity of both Chancery Lane (Central line) and Farringdon stations (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan Underground lines + First Capital Connect, Thameslink, and South-eastern rail services) make ARU London very easy to get to from all areas of London and outside the capital.
In 2019 Farringdon will also become one of the central hubs for Crossrail, when the Elizabeth line (Crossrail) at Farringdon station opens it will be one of the busiest in the UK, connecting with Thameslink and the London Underground to provide links with outer London, the home counties, the City, Canary Wharf and three of London’s five airports.
East India Building
East India DLR station is situated onsite, from platform to classroom is only a few minutes’ walk. From East India DLR you can be at Canning Town in 2 minutes (Jubilee line), Canary Wharf in 5 minutes (Jubilee line and Elizabeth line), Stratford and Bank in 13 minutes (Central line, Jubilee line, Northern line, London overground, TFL rail and Greater Anglia rail services). When the Elizabeth line opens you will be able to travel to our Farringdon building in 26 minutes.