Providing you with knowledge and understanding of strategic management, as well as practical insight into contemporary issues in health and social care organisations, this degree will enable you to take advantage of the many strategic leadership and entrepreneurial opportunities that the sector offers. As the largest sector in the UK, health and social care plays a crucial role in supporting the economy by maintaining the physical and mental health of the population. The recent global pandemic has highlighted the importance of the management of health and social care delivery.
Our MBA health and social care degree addresses the specific demands placed on professionals who are responsible for leading policy, strategy and services in their organisation; be it in the public, private or voluntary-aided sector. You will study the key management disciplines within a health and social care context, including business planning and finance, project and operations management, healthcare service improvement and leadership. Our lecturers have extensive experience teaching, training, and working in the health and social care management sector. You are assured that the content of your studies will be directly relevant to the constantly evolving world of contemporary health and social care management.
Structure and content
Over the course of your MBA, you will study a total of 6 modules. See below for the modules which you will study:
- Postgraduate Study Skills, Research Methods and Ethics
- Finance and Governance in Health and Social Care
- Data Analytics and Demand Management
- Leadership and Human Capital Management in Health and Social Care
- Strategic Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship in Health and Social Care
- Postgraduate Integrative Project
For a more detailed overview of the course modules, you can view the Course Information Sheethere.
Students must have equivalent of a UK first degree at 2:2 or above plus relevant experience.
Have previously been taught in English and have sufficient command of English to undertake postgraduate study or have an IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.5 or better.
If you have completed a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent non-UK qualification and did not achieve our required grades for entry, but can demonstrate that your life/work skills would make you suitable, you should still consider applying.
Teaching and assessment
Studying on campus 2 days a week which is Monday - Friday (10:00-17:00)
Non-Standard delivery (evening and weekend delivery):
Our non-standard delivery is on a Tuesday + Thursday evening (18:00 to 21:00) + Saturday (10:00 to 17:00)
Studying on campus 1 day a week which is Monday - Friday (10:00-17:00)
Non-Standard delivery (evening and weekend delivery):
Part-time delivery rotates between Tuesday & Thursday (18:00-21:00) and Saturday (10:00-17:00) across trimesters:
Trimesters 1/3/5 - Tuesday & Thursday / Trimesters 2/4/6 - Saturday
ARUL employs assignments, presentations and examinations to measure student progress, along with an innovative case study major project or dissertation.
The Major Project involves detailed research, analysis and reporting of a healthcare or social care related organisational issues.
Whether you are a supervisor, manager, policymaker or clinician wishing to know more about healthcare management, this degree will make a significant impact on your current and future career. It is estimated that the sector employs over 4 million people, which will grow by 18% by 2026; furthermore, the current staffing shortfall is around 300,000 and is expected to top 450,000 by 2030. This MBA health and social care qualification will enhance your employability and career development, successfully emphasising your skills amongst the crowd across the healthcare sectors, and enable you to capitalise on opportunities using your degree knowledge and experience.
In today’s competitive employment market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to successfully secure that all-important first full-time job or early promotion. We believe your postgraduate degree from ARUL will enhance your employability and career development:
- ARUL lecturers have extensive experience of the healthcare management sector and teaching and training in the sector. You are therefore assured that the content of your degree will be directly relevant to the demanding, constantly evolving world of contemporary healthcare and social care management. Furthermore, you will study management from a practical as well as an academic perspective.
- ARUL lecturers have a wealth of contacts and you will study alongside students from all over the world. This provides great opportunities for networking!
- There will be additional seminars with the specific objective of enhancing your future employment prospects. These will include CV workshops, interview techniques, career counselling and visits from prospective employers.
To learn more about where this course can take you visit the guide from our employability team here.
UK/EU: £8,500 or £6,500 for Alumni
EU nationals who meet residency requirements (have settled or pre-settled status) may be eligible for 'Home' fee status. If you do not meet these residency requirements, overseas fees will apply. Irish citizens living in the UK or Ireland will be eligible for 'Home' fee status under the Common Travel Area arrangement. Please read the student finance for EU students web page on www.gov.uk for information.