The level 6 Tourism and Event Management students have been busy creating and planning some in-person and online events for you to enjoy during weeks 9-11 (starting on Wednesday 17th November). The events cover a wide variety of topics and give you the opportunity to have fun, keep active, learn new skills or win a prize.
In-person events include: charity events, historic Pub Crawl, Christmas market, Women in Leadership panel, yoga class, salsa Class, and a student Christmas party.
Online events include: Quizzes, online tours, an events industry talk, a cultural cooking class, and fitness and health and well-being events.
For further information about these events, including dates, times, and how to register or purchase tickets please visit the dedicated ARUL Tourism and Event Live Project page on the VLE (click on the name of the project for a direct link) or see below information.
Thank you for supporting your fellow students.
Monday 22 November
- Historic Pub Crawl: 5 – 7.30 pm: Enjoy this tour of local pubs close to the Charterhouse building. Tickets are £10 and include a tour of three pubs, 3 drinks, and the potential to win a prize. Book your ticket by emailing: FV144@student.aru.ac.uk
In your own time between Monday 22nd and Sunday 28 November:
- Walk the River Thames for Charity: Discover breath-taking views of London and with this pre-determined walking route of London. To accommodate everyone's busy schedules, the route is short and simple to follow. You also have the opportunity to win a digital watch by taking the most creative selfie as you walk the route. To take part email: CA703@student.aru.ac.uk
Wednesday 24 November
- Christmas Market: 12 – 2 pm: Hurry up, time is running out! Christmas is here! Attend the ‘ARU London Christmas Market’ at the cafeteria in Charterhouse. Entry: ONLY £3 which includes non-alcoholic mulled wine, cake, and homemade chocolate & biscuits along with free entry to RAFFLE PRIZE DRAW. All proceeds will be donated to MIND Charity. To purchase your ticket email: email@example.com
- Women in Leadership Event: 1-2 pm: Ready to be part of the next generation of leaders? During this 1-hour panel session taking place in 002, Charterhouse, you will learn about different career opportunities, increase your network, obtain tips on how to become a positive leader, directly interact with the speakers and gain confidence to take the next step in your career! Register for this free event or just turn up on the day https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/women-in-leadership-tickets-195039778227
- Salsa de Cuba: 4.30 – 6 pm: Taking place in the Charterhouse cafeteria, Salsa de Cuba presents a beautiful Salsa session hosted and supervised by a professional Salsa instructor. The event is a great opportunity to learn the basic steps of Latin dance and win the title of “ ARU London best dancer 2021” with an Amazon gift prize worth £15 included. The admission ticket of £3.50 includes a workshop and a buffet with Cuban-style drinks and nibbles. Discounts are available for groups of 4 or more. To purchase your ticket visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thusday-kaliente-tickets-205602932907
Thursday 25 November
- Ultimate Me Development Event: 9.15 – 10 am: Join this virtual event where you can learn how to improve your lifestyle using some tips and tricks related to health and wellness. The event's primary subjects will be the importance of mental health, ways to maintain a balance and connection between mind and body, healthy snacks, and some easy exercises that can boost your energy. Join this Zoom event: https://zoom.us/j/98055306169?pwd=Q09UZENsWVN1S1AyQXZHM0w2a0k0dz09
Friday 26 November
- Lunchtime Fitness Class: 1 – 1.45 pm: Have a professional trainer guide you through exercises and speak to you about the importance of working out. Make sure you wear your sportswear. Join this Zoom event: https://zoom.us/j/97239576409
Monday 29 November
- Wellness and Beauty Event: 1 – 1.35 pm: Come join our Wellness and Beauty virtual Zoom event, where you will learn tips and tricks on how to improve your stress level. We will show you ways on how to maintain a balance and connection between mind and body, as well as some easy exercises that can boost your energy. Join this Zoom event: https://zoom.us/j/91817433168
Wednesday 1 December
- ARUL Student Christmas Party: 5 -7.30 pm: It is finally time to celebrate Christmas together again! Join us for a fun evening of Christmas games, drinks, food, and lots of laughs at The Fence Bar, near the Charterhouse Building! Tickets are £10 each or 3 for £27 and includes food and drink. To book your ticket email: firstname.lastname@example.org