Our graduation ceremonies are a major highlight of the academic year, and a fantastic opportunity for you to celebrate your hard work and academic achievement with your family and friends. Here's what you can do to prepare for your graduation day. This page will be updated regularly. You'll find details about how to book tickets for you and your guests, and make arrangements for gown hire and photographs – so please keep checking back.
Can we contact you and can you log into e:Vision? Make sure all of your contact details are up to date via your e:Vision account, including your home email address. If you need assistance resetting your password or accessing e:Vision please email email@example.com.
Before the graduation ceremony:
- The faculty schedule will be uploaded to our web pages. This will detail the date and time of your ceremony.
- Clear any debts. To avoid any delay with booking your graduation ceremony, please make sure all your debts with us are settled by this date.
- Book once available via e:Vision. We will send you an invitation via email and to your postal address (we will use your home and student email addresses as listed on e:Vision) The Graduation tile will appear on your e:Vision account at 10 am GMT and the booking process opens. On the Graduation tile, you are able to confirm your attendance (free of charge) and have the opportunity to purchase up to two guest tickets during this period (priced at £25 per guest ticket).
- Be sure to have a look through these web pages, including the checklist and travel information to make sure your day runs as smoothly as possible.
- Book your gown. Your entire gown package can be ordered via Ede & Ravenscroft. Please note that orders placed less than 21 days before your ceremony cannot be guaranteed.
- As mentioned, we will be contacting all graduating students via email but please do share this booking date with your fellow coursemates.
- Make a list of items you will or might need for graduation day, such as cap and gown, ID, tickets, parking preparations, maps of journeys or the area, cameras.
Once bookings close, if you have not confirmed your attendance by the date given in your email, we will be unable to include you in the ceremonies and your only option will be to defer your ceremony until 2022. Please note this is also the deadline for purchasing your two guest tickets (if they are required.) We will be unable to sell any tickets after this date. Make sure you set a reminder in your calendars or phones so you don't miss out.
During the ceremony:
- Arrive in plenty of time - make sure you leave enough time for travel and check-in.
- Check-in - Please bring your graduation confirmation from e:Vision with you when you check in. You'll find check-in desks in your graduation venue.
- You'll be able to collect your pre-ordered gown, hood, and mortarboard at the graduation venue.
- Have your picture taken - photography is based at the same location as the gown collection.
- Be seated at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony, we aim to open the venue doors one hour before the ceremony.
- Enjoy the ceremony! Celebrate your hard work and that of your fellow graduates.
After the ceremony:
- Attend the post-ceremony reception to continue the celebration - our post-ceremony receptions will be held on campus.
- Visit the merchandise stands while you're there to buy a keepsake of your special day.
- Return your gown after the ceremony. Once you've had fun graduating, being photographed, and celebrating, drop your gown off at the return desk on campus.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org including your name and student ID.
Want to know what graduation is like? Check out the video below as we journey through candid moments, sincere reflections, and shared emotions from our graduates themselves from the July 2023 Graduation. Watch our ARU London graduates reflect on this remarkable milestone.